Monday, September 25, 2006

Introducing Angel Fernandez

Hi, I'm Angel and I am the Executive Assistant, Equal Opportunity Liaison, resident IT person and all around "Girl Friday" for the agency. Do I sound busy? You have no idea!

We're actually all really busy at the NY Center, I can't think of anyone on staff that doesn't wear multiple hats. From doubling as a mediator to organizing special events, we all pour a very special part of ourselves into our jobs each day.

And what, you may ask, makes it all worth it? Why do we take on tasks couldn't even come close to fitting into a job description?

Why? Because the work that we do is so important and has such a lasting impact on the Staten Island community at large that it would be a travesty for the wheels of the NY Center to ever come to a halt.

I have been working for the NY Center for about a year now and am impressed not only by the level of dedication that it's employees possess, but also, and more importantly, by the way that our services change the lives of people throughout Staten Island and beyond.

My mission in this blog - to better acquaint you with the special events we host throughout the year, as well as to keep you up to date on press coverage and matters of interest to us and to YOU.

I will also be updating our calendar on a regular basis, please feel free to check it out, you never know you might just find what you're looking for.

In the interim, be well and I forward to communicating with you in the near future.

I hope you will be just as excited to hear a little more about us as we are in improving Staten Island and the neighboring boroughs for you!


All the best,
Angel :)

No comments: