Friday, February 23, 2007

Having Problems?! - Mediation can help!


• Neighbors play their music too loud every night. That’s not right for hardworking people.

The repair man didn’t fix the problem with the dryer, it still doesn’t work. I want my $ back or a new washing machine.


• I’m not happy with my son’s IEP. I want him to…No one is listening to me.

• When my ex visits with my children, s/he never lets me know where they is going.

These issues and many more can be resolved through mediation.

Mediation helps you to work on these problems with the other party in a safe, fair, and confidential manner. Mediation assists parties to work collaboratively to better understand each others' issues and make decisions that both parties agree will work.

Mediation is neither litigation nor arbitration. In mediation, parties themselves decide the outcome of the mediation. If they reach agreement , they craft the terms in writing.

Our staff will arrange an appointment convenient for both parties, provide space and a trained neutral mediator for the session. With the mediator's help, parties discuss the issues between them.

Court interpreters are also available for parties whose native tongue is not English.


For more information about mediation at its benefits, or to arrange a mediation to address a problem you have with a neighbor, landlord, family member -- really, anyone -- contact us at 718-815-4557 or visit us at
130 Stuyvesant Place, 4th Floor
Staten Island, NY 10301
Monday through Friday, 9 to 5

The Mediation Center receives funding from the NYS Office of ADR Programs and Court Improvement and the New York City Office of the Criminal Justice Coordinator.

No comments: