Thursday, December 21, 2006

British Mediation Site Employs Innovative Outreach Methods


AdviceNow offers some help for families facing the holidays in conflict. This is an innovative mediation service that has adopted a variety of techniques to bring conflict resolution skills to the public.

When you visit their site, you'll find down-loadable guides, 3 podcasts, surveys, a forum, press releases, quizzes, articles -- all geared to introducing family mediation and conflict resolution skills.

The podcasts deal with resolving issues confronting the newly separated. (I haven't listened to them yet. If you do, let us know what you think.)
  • I want to see my daughter
  • How am I going to pay my bills now?
  • There's no way I'm moving to a bedsit
Their press release caught people's attention with the headline "Over Four in Five Fear Family Problems will Ruin Christmas." Once at the site, they can direct you to the closest mediation service.

AdviceNow is an Advice Services Alliance project.

No comments: