Monday, December 18, 2006

Should we encourage diversity training in the workplace?

This provocative article caught my eye. The NY Center sponsors the Mosaic Coalition and its annual Celebrate Diversity! event. Read this article for a very different view on the issue of diversity training. Tell us what you think...

Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Collin County Opinions

Is diversity training a bad idea?

Ever since diversity was championed at my place of work, there has been a change in my thinking. I've started noticing co-workers' race, gender, age, etc., whereas before, I didn't – I concentrated on the work at hand. I wonder, is that the goal of diversity in the workplace – to spend time on things that have nothing to do with getting the job done? [read more]

No comments: