Recently, the Community Mediation Program had the opportunity to examine the work that it has done and found a few noteworthy points about our practice.
· 88% of all complaints are appropriate for mediation
· 91% of all scheduled mediations are held
· 87% of all sessions held achieve resolution
In addition, we found the follwing about the past year's worth of service:
· The Small Claims Pilot Program increased direct services within Civil Court by 200%.
· $878,491.72 was awarded, entered into judgment or restitution paid through dispute resolution services. (March 2006-2007)
· The Supervised Visitation Program provided a total of 12,816 direct client contact hours to 43 families. (September 2004 to December 2006)
· Participants in the Assisting Children Through Transition (ACT) Parent Education Program said,
o 81% of parents indicated a greater understanding of how children are affected by the break up or divorce; and
o 89% stated that they learned valuable ways to help strengthen their relationship with their children
For more informatio about any of these programs, contact us at 718-815-4557. We look forward to working with you.