Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Introducing Diana Perez-Miller

"Who Am I?"

Well…… for starters

I am a hard-working, loving mother and wife. Taking care of my family is very important to me. I spend quality time w/my family. Due to our busy schedules, quality time is all we have.

I learned from one of my professors that it's best to spend short quality time with your family and make it a lifetime of fun, rather than spend long hours without speaking a word. Therefore, I make every minute count.

I am a Social Worker for New Beginnings High School at the NY Center. I'm also an adjunct professor, so I've to put together a curriculum, Introduction to Psychology, which I began to teach at New Beginnings this September.

I work with the at-risk population (teens), which for me is an exciting and rewarding experience. There is not a thing I rather do than help people, especially young people in need. We laugh, we cry, we learn, and most important, we grow together. That is how each student become a part of me.

I put into practice with my students' what I do with my family. It takes 15 to 20 minutes of sharing and caring, and building strong relationships rather than long sessions of lost time and work.

This is who I am. Now, I would like to know who you are.

Diana :o)

1 comment:

Ruth Wahtera said...

Congratulations, Diana! Now, we'd like to see what you look like...a photo or image that personifies you.