The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene publish Vital Signs. This issue is about self-reported suicide attempts among NYC teens.
In this issue:
- Self-reported suicide attempts among teens are rising in NYC
- Adolescent girls are more likely than boys to report feeling sad or suicidal
- Sadness and attempted suicide vary across racial and ethnic groups
- Teens who identify as lesbian, gay, or bisexual, or who are questioning their sexual identity have much higher rates of suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Suicide attempts are more common among youth who report disordered eating or substance use
- Additional Data
NYC Vital Signs is published by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, featuring information on critical aspects of public health in New York City.